moRFeus is a field-configurable, portable, and budget-friendly frequency converter and signal generator. It supports wideband (30MHz - 6GHz) frequency conversion and signal generation. moRFeus was designed for easy integration into popular RF environments.
For technical specifications, performance, and more, review the moRFeus Data Sheet.
For getting started using moRFeus, review the User Guide.
moRFeus is a wideband frequency up- and down-converter designed for easy integration into a wide variety of RF projects. An LCD display and button interface enable dynamic configuration of the mixer LO frequency in the field with a step size of 1.5–3Hz1. The ability to toggle between mixer and generator modes adds to field-level functionality. moRFeus was designed for low spurious emissions and offers an optional bias voltage of 5V to supply active antenna systems. It interfaces with your RF environment using SMA connectors and is powered using an external micro-USB 5V supply. The device is also USB programmable, enabling automatic operation from a PC (running Linux or Windows).
- RF Input Frequency: 30MHz–6GHz
- RF Output Frequency: 30MHz–6GHz
- LO Frequency: 85MHz to 5400MHz
- Fractional-N Synthesizer
- LO Step Size: 1.5–3Hz1
- 2.5 ppm precision TCXO
- USB programmable
- Generator/Mixer Function Toggle
- Input IP3 +23dBm
- Small, Portable Form Factor
- Adjustable Mixer Bias Current
- LCD Display With Backlight Feature
- Button Control Interface
- Dimensions: 88mm x 38mm x 68mm
- Weight: 7.4 oz
- Wideband Radios
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Diversity Receivers
- Software Defined Radios
- Frequency Band Shifters
- Point-to-Point Radios
- WiMax/LTE Infrastructure
- Satellite Communications
- Wideband Jammers
- Remote Radio Heads
- Frequency Up/Down Conversion
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Wireless Communication Systems
1. Step size is frequency-dependent. Lower step sizes (1-2Hz) are characteristic of lower frequency domains and higher step sizes (2-3Hz) of higher domains.
moRFeus is packaged in a plain cardboard box with no instructions included. What you will receive is moRFeus in a white box--and that's it. Please refer to the datasheet and user guide above for any information about the product. The open source GUI applications for Windows, Mac, and Linux can be found here. Othernet does not support these applications, as they were developed independently by several enthusiastic customers.